Dermatology specialists provide services to address both concerns about skin health and cosmetic appearance. It is important to see a dermatology provider if you have concerns about your skin. If you are suffering from a medical skin condition, the diagnosis and treatment may be covered under your Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
Annual full body skin exams, diagnostic visits, and follow-up visits should all be eligible expenses under an HSA or FSA plan. During a full body skin exam, your dermatologist will thoroughly evaluate your skin and may biopsy lesions of concern. We recommend all patients have yearly skin checks, especially those with fair skin, frequent sun exposure, or family or personal history of skin cancer. More frequent skin checks may be recommended by your dermatologist.
Your HSA or FSA covers a variety of sunscreens sold in our clinic.
Transparent Mineral Powder Sunscreen
- This easy-to-apply SPF 30 powder formula can be layered over makeup. Shop here.
Sheer Physical Antioxidant Sunscreen
- Formulated for those with sensitive skin, this sunscreen provides SPF 50 protection in a cream base. Shop here.
ELTA MD® Sunscreen Products
- Several different formulas are available. Products include moisturizing, oil-free, sport, spray, and tinted versions with SPF coverage that varies from SPF 30 to 50. Shop here.
Clear & Calm Sunscreen
- This is an unscented SPF 45 sunscreen formulated for those with sensitive skin. Shop here.
BB Foundation Cream
- With SPF This is an all-in-one product that combines a foundation with SPF 50+ sunscreen. Shop here.
Acne is one of the most common reasons patients will seek care from a dermatology provider. There are many different treatment modalities for acne, including topical options. Several of these topical treatments offered in our clinic are HSA/FSA eligible.
Medicated Acne Wash
- This benzoyl peroxide 10% wash with aloe vera can be used on the face, chest, and back to treat comedonal and inflammatory acne. Shop here.
Clarifying Acne Cleanser
- This salicylic acid wash also contains ultra-pure glycolic acid to reduce breakouts. Shop here.
Advanced Medicated Acne Spot Treatment
- This antimicrobial leave-on spot medication contains benzoyl peroxide 5% to deeply penetrate and unclog pores. Shop here.
Advanced Clarifying Acne Toner Pads
- These easy-to-use toner pads contain an ultra-pure blend of alpha and beta hydroxy acids to deliver exfoliating, brightening, and antibacterial benefits. Shop here.
Chronic Skin Condition Management
Our dermatology providers treat a variety of chronic conditions. Our clinic sells the following products (which are typically HSA/FSA eligible) to help with dry skin, eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, and keratosis pilaris.
Exfoliating Body Lotion
- This body lotion contains ultra-pure glycolic acid to help attain softer, smoother, and healthier skin. Shop here.
40% Urea Ultra Softening Cream
- This intense moisturizing cream contains prescription-strength urea to soften and dissolve dry, thickened skin commonly found on the hands, elbows, knees, and feet. Shop here.
Soothing Nutrient Complex
- With its concentrated niacinamide (vitamin B3) and soothing extracts, this complex calms skin and improves the appearance of redness. Shop here.
Nourishing Lip Balm
- This renewing formula softens and moisturizes lips to relieve dryness. Shop here.
Soothing Barrier Ointment
- This nourishing formula is enriched with soothing oils and extracts to provide the skin with superior protection. Shop here.
Scar and Wound Care
Patients may develop scar tissue after a medical procedure or injury. Attentive wound care and timely scar reduction therapy can reduce the risk of unsightly scars. Our clinic offers the following HSA/FSA-covered products to aid the healing process.
ELTA MD® Dermal Wound Cleanser
- This is a convenient post-procedure cleanser for sensitive, wounded skin following a dermatological procedure or injury. Shop here.
- This 100% pure silicone gel is used for the treatment and prevention of scars, including hypertrophic scars, burns, and keloids. Shop here.
The following assistive devices are HSA/FSA eligible.
Bendable Body Wand
- Ideal for applying topical treatment on the back or hard-to-reach areas. Shop here.
Bendable Body Wand Sponge Refills
- These reusable sponge pads are designed to work with the bendable body wand. Shop here.
Check-In With Your Dermatologist
Photo Credit: Shutterstock/robertindiana