How to Use Silagen® Silicone Gel Scar Relief Product
So you have just purchased your Silagen® 100% pure silicone gel (or sheet) to minimize your scar, and now what? You want to make sure you are using the product correctly to maximize its effect! Here are a few tips to help…
If you are using Silagen® 100% pure silicone gel,
1) Start using Silagen® once sutures are removed or when the wound has naturally closed.
2) Apply a small amount to that affected area and gently massage.
3) Do not use the product under silicone gel sheets or strips. The silicone scar sheets can lose their adhesiveness.
4) Allow the product to dry before applying sunscreen or other skin care products. You also have the option of using Silagen® silicone gel with SPF 30 in the morning and using
Silagen® 100% pure silicone gel in the evening. This is a great option to minimize hyperpigmentation of fragile new scars in sun-exposed areas.
5) For best results, apply Silagen® to the site twice daily for 8-12 weeks.
6) For those who are prone to raised or thick scars, you may continue treatment for up to six months.
If you are using Silagen® 100% medical grade silicone gel sheeting,
1) Begin use once sutures are removed or when the wound has naturally closed.
2) Remove the silicone gel sheet from the package and trim to fit if necessary (sheet should extend at least ½ inch (1cm) beyond the area being treated).
3) Ensure the scar area is clean and dry, as well as free from creams, lotions, ointments, and powders.
4) Peel off the backing and apply over the scar with the adhesive side down.
5) Wear the silicone scar sheet daily for 6-24 hours.
6) Remove it once daily to allow the site to be washed and dried.
7) For best results, use the silicone gel sheet daily for a minimum of 2 months.
8) If the Silagen® sheet becomes dirty or loses adhesiveness, wash gently with water and mild soap.
9) Allow the gel sheet to air dry before reapplying.10) Use the clear storage tray included in the package to store the gel sheet when not in use.